Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Lesson on Dining in the South

So I learned the #1 rule regarding sweet tea last weekend--no matter what kind of dining establishment in the south you are visiting, they will ALL serve sweet tea. Apparently.

Of course, I only realized this after *daring to ask* if the random eatery I was at had sweet tea. They all looked at me like I had two heads--the answer was obvious. :)

____

Another culinary adventure last weekend: a colleague from work (also interning for the summer) took me to what he claims is the best jerk chicken in Atlanta (at least it was many years ago when he went to Georgia Tech for undergrad). Back then, it didn't even have a door--just a curtain hanging over the doorway. I have to say, it was pretty good. Yumm. It's fun getting to know the local favorites, and not just opting for the easy-to-spot familiar chains.

No comments: